Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan
If you need items that are not available in our library collections or if you require a postal delivery of the items to your home address, you can request an interlibrary loan from the CTK, from other Slovenian libraries or from abroad. We can deliver also other documents in printed or electronic version from all over the world. Due to good connection with our partnering libraries, related institutions and commercial suppliers in Slovenia and abroad, we can provide library material almost from anywhere in the world.
You can order:
- subject and scientific books, dissertations, research reports, conference proceedings,
- single issues of scientific and other journals,
- research articles, conference papers, JUS standards,,
- SIST (Slovenian) standards, patents,
- guidelines and recommendations,
- various reports,
- other documents according to license terms of the publishers.
The ordered material can be claimed in person or at the selected postal or e-mail address.
Ordering via the Interlibrary Loan Service
Interlibrary Loan Service can be used by individuals (persons – members of the library) or organizations (institutions). Prices depend on service type and service provider (from Slovenia or from abroad) and are published in theLibrary fees and charges.
Orders can be placed:
- personally at the CTK,
- using postal service,
- by e-mail: email@example.com,
- by fax (01) 425 66 67,
- directly through Moja Knjižnica (My Library) Web Service – you need to have a library membership card and a password,
- via the order form on CTK’s web site.
Content of the order
When ordering library material through our Interlibrary Loan service, try to provide as many information as possible about the item (author, title, year of publication, publisher, pages, source, etc.). If you do not have complete information, our employees in the department will try to complete them and provide you with the desired material. They will also provide you with information regarding the item you are looking for and help you find the right one.
If you intend to use the material exclusively for study and scientific purposes, specify this in the order, as this adds flexibility to order handling on our partners’ side, and it means a faster delivery.
Protection of intellectual property rights
Due to the Copyright protection law (in Slovene), copyright, DRM and various licenses, it is sometimes not possible to provide the item in the desired format. This is especially true for materials in electronic form.
Delivery of items
You can download the material in person or we will send it to you:
- by postal way,
- by e-mail (in PDF or TIFF format).
We supply items:
- from CTK funds – articles in 24 hours, books, magazines in 2 days,
- from other Slovenian libraries – articles and books in 2 to 5 days,
- from foreign libraries – articles in 2 to 5 days, books in 5 to 20 days,
- in case there are third party or commercial suppliers involved: 2 to 10 days.
Delivery times are approximate as they depend on a number of factors involved in the delivery of the item, therefore deviations from the stated delivery times are possible.
- From CTK funds – 14 days for (with the option of extending the loan period), 7 days for journals,
- From other libraries: 14 – 21 days, unless otherwise specified by the lending library.
For information about the interlibrary loan of materials, on extension of the loan period, as well as other information regarding interlibrary loan or document delivery, please contact +386 (1) 2003 421 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business hours of the Interlibrary Loan are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.to 3 p.m. E-mails or fax orders can be sent at any time.