DOCUMENT DELIVERY AND INTERLIBRARY LOAN
If you need the materials that are not available in our collections or if you require a postal delivery of the material to your home address, you can request an interlibrary loan from the CTK, from other Slovenian libraries of from abroad. We can deliver also other documents in printed or electronic version from all over the world.
You can order:
- subject and scientific books, dissertations, research reports, conference proceedings,
- single issues of scientific and other journals,
- research articles and conference papers,
- SIST (Slovenian) standards, patents,
- guidelines and recommendations,
- various reports,
- other documents according to the license terms of the publishers.
Ordering of material via the Interlibrary Loan Service
Interlibrary Loan Service can be used by individuals (persons – members of the library) or organizations (institutions). Prices depend on service type and service provider (from Slovenia or from abroad) and are published in the official price list.
You can place an order:
– Personally in the CTK,
– Using postal service,
– By e-mail: email@example.com,
– By fax: +386 1 425 66 67,
– Directly from COBISS OPAC using the web interface My Library (“Moja knjižnica”) – you need to be member and have a patron number and password,
– Using an order form.
Data about the ordered materials
When ordering materials using our ILL service, try to include as many bibliographic data about the desired material as possible (author, title, publishing year, publisher, pages, source …).
If the intended use of the material is for scholarly or research purposes, please indicate that in the order. It will enable us to provide you with faster and more flexible service.
Due to the Copyright protection law (in Slovene), DRM and various licenses some forms of materials (electronic resources in particular) are sometimes restricted in use and we are not able to provide those materials to our customers.
Ordered materials acceptance
Ordered materials can be picked up personally or sent to chosen postal or electronic address (in PDF or TIFF format).
– From CTK collections: Articles in 24 hours, books and journals in 2 days,
– From other Slovenian libraries: In 2 – 5 days,
– From libraries abroad: Articles in 2 – 5 day, books in 5 – 20 days,
– In case there are third party or commercial suppliers involved: 2 – 10 days.
Delivery time is approximate as it depends on a number of factors involved in the delivery of the material, therefore deviations from the stated delivery times are possible.
– From the CTK collections: 14 days for books (with the option of extending the loan period), 7 days for journals,
– from other libraries: At least 14 – 21 days, unless otherwise specified by the lending library.
For information about the interlibrary loan of materials, on extension of the loan period, as well as other information regarding interlibrary loan or document delivery, please contact +386 (1) 2003 402 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working hours of the Interlibrary Loan and Documents Department are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. You can send an e-mail or fax orders at any time.