Registration and Circulation
At the premises of the library, visitors are free to use the library material in the CTK reading rooms, they can get basic information about library materials and information resources, and request simple queries. They are also entitled to a user training. However, if you want to:
- borrow library materials,
- access electronic information resources through remote access,
- use interlibrary loan,
- get complex thematic inquiries,
- use a seat in library reading rooms,
a membership is required.
You can register for membership or renew the membership between Monday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the lending desk. For more information about registration please call +386 1 2003 400 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The membership fees for the period of 6 or 12 months are specified in the currently valid Library fees and charges.
In order to register you need:
- a valid identity document proving the place of residence (all members),
- a certificate of enrolment/student ID (students) – Students of the University of Ljubljana pay the membership fee to all the libraries of the University of Ljubljana every year when enrolling at their faculty. Therefore, they do not have to pay a membership fee at the CTK, but only have to do a so-called pro-forma registration,
- Student card (high school students),
- pensioner card (pensioners),
- certificate of ESS not older than 30 days / proof of entitlement to financial social assistance (unemployed),
- proof of employment at the University of Ljubljana (UL employees).
In the case of minors under the age of sixteen, parents or legal guardians will co-sign the registration form; thus assume responsibility for compliance with the provisions of CTK’s General Terms and Conditions. In special cases (remote location of the parents’ residence), the minor signs the electronic registration form, and parents additionally sign the printed statement of responsibility (Annex) for compliance with the provisions of the said Terms.
At the registration you will:
- sign a registration form by which you confirm the acceptance of CTK’s General Terms and Conditions,
- Choose a password to use the Moja knjižnica, (My Library) Web Service through which you can order, reserve or extend your loan period in the COBISS/OPAC web environment, order material through interlibrary loan, as well as use Internet reading rooms, access electronic resources remotely or use other services,
- Receive a CTK membership card. The CTK membership card is not transferable.
A membership can also be terminated and the member can withdraw his/her personal consent to the processing of personal data by the library.
Borrowing of library material
Information about the material (books, magazines, etc.) can be found in the CTK’s OPAC, which is part of COBISS.SI.
Some CTK’s printed items are accessible directly on stacks shelves, others are located in CTK’s storage facility, from where the materials need to be ordered. Information on where the materials are placed can be found in the CTK’s OPAC within the record about the item under tab “Loan Status” – “Shelf number – location, accession no.” (in Slovene: “Status v izposoji” – Signatura – lokacija, inventarna št.”). In the “Copy status” section, you can see if the selected material is available for loan, or if it is already loaned and until when.
Items from stacks shelves (marked with scientific fields) can be borrowed by simply taking the item to the lending desk where you can borrow it with the assistance of a librarian, or choose a self-service mode and borrow it yourself using the self-service lending machine.
If you do not find the desired item, please contact the library staff at the lending desk. You can also contact them to find information about the item, in case of simple queries or any other questions. For more complex thematic queries, you will be referred to our information specialists.
If the item is in the CTK storage facility, please order the item through our library staff at the lending desk. Delivery of items from our storage is every full hour, in case of larger orders by special arrangement. You can borrow items from the storage on weekdays until 8 p.m., during summer opening hours until 1 p.m.
On Saturdays, library material can only be borrowed from the storage by prior order. Items from the storage facility can be ordered by phone +386 1 2003 408 or via e-mail email@example.com, by Friday no later than 6 p.m. You can also order via the Moja knjižnica (My Library) web service (users who are not yet members: By phone and e-mail only).
The loan period for printed items (books and magazines) is 14 days.
The loan period can be extended three times. After that, the member must physically return the item to the library and (if not reserved) can then borrow it again for further 14 days (then it can again be extended three times). In case the member does not extend the loan deadline in due time, a past due fee for the period from the expiry date of the loan until the extension date will be charged.
In case of highly sought after items, competent library staff may shorten the loan period. The member is also informed in writing about the shorter loan period – in the receipt / list of borrowed items that s/he receives at the time of the loan. Extension of the loan period is not automatic.
Members can extend the loan period (at least one day before the expiration of the loan period):
- in-person at the library (at the lending desk during lending desk opening hours or using self-service lending machine during the remaining opening hours),
- by phone +386 1 2003 400, +386 1 2003 401 or +386 1 2003 448 (please call our library staff during the lending desk opening hours),
- via the COBISS OPAC Moja knjižnica v sistemu COBISS/OPAC (My Library) Web Service or via mobile application mCobiss, mCobiss-a,
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The loan period cannot be extended:
- if reserved,
- if the item is already past due, or if the number of possible extensions has already been reached (in-person, via phone or e-mail)
- if the item has a special status (shorter loan term) or if the user’s records show outstanding financial liabilities in excess of € 10.00 or more than 30 days, regardless of the outstanding amount,
- if the membership has expired.
Orders, reservations or loan renewals of the material can be placed:
- in person,
- by phone +386 (1) 2003 408 – ordering material from our storage facility, up to 10 minutes before every full hour; it can be picked up at full hour,
- by phone +386 (1) 2003 400, +386 (1) 2003 401 or +386 (1) 200 448 – ordering material from stacks shelves, extending the loan period or reserving the item,
- by email: email@example.com,
- via the COBISS OPAC Moja knjižnica v sistemu COBISS/OPAC (My Library) Web Service; to use My Library you need a COBISS OPAC password that you get when you register in the library.